Authorities in Hialeah have arrested a 23-year-old woman after she reportedly shot and killed a 28-year-old man.Karina Vanessa Corbalan was arrested Tuesday after she reportedly fatally shot Alejandro Sanchez several times on Monday.Investigators say they responded to the scene near the 5600 block of West 21st Avenue, to find the victim with several gunshot wounds.Sanchez was airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center where he later died from his injuries.While many details surrounding the case have not been publicly released, a neighbor told reporters that her daughter was the one who found Sanchez. The witness says her daughter heard a loud sound outside and went to see what was happening. When she went outside she saw the victim running before he collapsed on the ground. The witness then went over to him and called his mother.After an investigation, authorities determined that Corbalan was behind the shooting. She is now facing a charge of second-degree murder and is due in court on Tuesday afternoon.Witnesses say Corbalan and Sanchez knew each other.
Playing at the International Cricket Council (ICC) U19 World Cup Qualifier in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the Garamuts have yet to register a win.In their first match last Thursday, the Garamuts lost by 9 wickets with 245 balls remaining to Nepal.The Garamuts second loss was at the hands of Ireland going down by 111 runs.The woes continued as the Garamuts struggled against a tough Uganda side, losing by 9 wickets with 220 balls remaining.The Garamuts are currently last on the ladder out of the 5 participating countries. Nepal is top of the ladder on 6 points, having won all three games. Ireland is second on 6 points with three wins as well. Uganda is in third spot on 2 points with one win from four games.The Garamuts take on the USA tomorrow. USA are fourth on the ladder on 2 points with two losses and one win. USA’s win came after they beat Uganda by six wickets.Finals for the World Cup Qualifiers will be played this Thursday. The winner will book a spot in next year’s U19 World Cup.
Since then, Martínez’s name has sounded when there has been renovation in benches such as Real Madrid or BarcelonaThe president of the Belgian federation, Mehdi Bayat, has come up with the statements pointing out that the relationship between the institution and the coach is good and that the agent is not well informed about the situation. “I think Mr. De Preter is not aware of the situation,” Bayan told the television network. VTM.The president of the federation has assured that the eventual prolongation of Martinez does not respond to “a financial problem.” “We just want to build something, a relationship. We would like to continue working in an environment where you feel good, just like the federation.”, said Bayat, who stressed that the relationship between technical and federation has so far been “extremely respectful” by both parties.Roberto Martínez, on the other hand, has not made statements about its renewal. Jesse De Preter, the Belgium coach Roberto Martínez, has met the football federation of that country on the contract of the Spanish coach, whom he considers to be underpaid under his current contractor, which expires at the end of the 2020 Eurocup. “It has been underpaid for four years,” has declared to the television network LN 24 the agent on a possible prolongation of the coach’s commitment to the federation of Belgium, since he has held since August 2016.De Preter has also criticized the federation leaders to announce “to the press that there are negotiations when there are none,” something that he considers little “respectful.” The agent hopes that Martinez can “get a better salary” if he continues to lead the ‘Red Devils’ and has assured that he will not make “exorbitant requests.”“The money will not be decisive. I don’t say I win three or four times more because I could win five or six times more in any club.”, said De Preter, who argues that in 2018 the coach agreed to renew his contract with the Belgian federation players needed “stability” in the face of the World Cup in Russia, in which Belgium achieved third place.
13-146016024fifteen%5131% Benzema is by no means a dilemma. His quality is beyond doubt and the step forward he has taken with his attitude since Cristiano left, too. But if you have to spend 100 million on a striker, you have to see what fit it has if, for the moment, the Frenchman is the undisputed holder. Benzema is 32 years old, But he has been very careful in recent seasons, he has an enviable percentage of fat in his body, he usually does little injury. With Cristiano the balance was perfect. The Portuguese liked to start from the left, the other band was Bale, and Benzema was a free soul that ended up serving as glue for the white game. 19-2039771924% These are difficult times for all the teams in the Spanish LaLiga, and Real Madrid is no exception. It works in probable scenarios, without any certainty of whether they can be fulfilled. Mark transfer route sheets, names that are in the portfolio to cover vital positions in the future, But it all depends on whether the competition resumes this season and whether, the next, there are restrictions on the public to enter the stadiums … There is talk of Haaland, the 19-year-old forward who has exploded at Borussia with 12 goals in 11 matches. But beyond economic or viability issues, in Madrid, speaking of forwards, the question is Benzema. 11-12581743218%603. 4% 16-17601731910%4224% 18-19551013030% 09-104811997%3327% 15-16521412819%5136% 14-15591622213%6137% Matches R. MadridGoals MadridBenzema’s goals% of goalsCR7 goals% of goals 10-11591482617%5335% 12-1361153twenty13%5535% 17-1862148128%4429% Since Cristiano Benzema left, his goalscoring ability has naturally increased. While the Portuguese was on the team Benzema never scored more than 19% of the goals of a season in Madrid. Since Cristiano left, he made 30% last season and has made 24% of this … Remarkably superior but … is it enough for a team like Madrid? The entity had the goals of Asensio, injured, and Hazard, in a very anomalous campaign due to adaptation and injuries. The reality is that the signing of Haaland, while Benzema is on the roster, would be a problem for Zidane. He would recover the goal, yes, but he would have to adapt the system to leave two men on point. Haaland only knows how to play in the demarcation of nine. Benzema is not used to starting the game overturned to one of the bands, which, also, being Hazard on the left, should be the right (when the Frenchman is dropped he always does it on the side of Marcelo). Benzema has a contract until 2022. Until that date … Benzema is the question.
Dear Editor,Even in the face of a full-fledged investigation and inquiry into the reported problems affecting the Georgetown municipality, there seems to be a patent reluctance by some officers there to be transparent and forthcoming about important matters pertaining to the Council.Appearing in the press is a report that vendors being relocated from the Stabroek Market wharf are being allowed to construct stalls at their own cost, in order to relieve City Hall of the financial burden of constructing same after it had already spent $23 million on preparatory works at Russell Square to accommodate them.It was stated by a senior officer that the $23 million was spent on the resurfacing and reconstruction of the drainage system, among other things, at Russell Square, West of the Public Buildings. However, what was carefully and deliberately left out was the tens of millions that have been spent so far and will continue to be spent renting the barricade from a favourite contractor that was set up months before they were ready to start and which will be there for months and years to come whilst the new ‘Waterfront Mall and Boardwalk’ is being constructed?Why is such an expensive barricade needed? Why is a barricade needed at all? Was there a tender process undertaken for the rental of this barricade? Would it not have been better to use these millions instead to construct the stalls for the vendors relieving them of this unplanned burden? Why did the officer report to the Council about these barricades and their significant cost?And the band played on at City Hall!Sincerely,Roseanne Rodgers
Guyana’s Customs Anti-Narcotics Unit (CANU) is probing the discovery of some million worth of cocaine in a 20-foot container that was shipped to Jamaica from Guyana.Based on reports the Jamaican Narcotics Branch on Wednesday discovered over 100 pounds of cocaine in the container shipped to that country from Guyana. A Jamaican has since been arrested by the Jamaican Police.Moreover, the Jamaican authorities have since informed CANU about the incident and investigations have been launched.According to additional information, the cocaine was concealed in 48 parcels in a bag in the container which was found on Savannah Avenue in Kingston. The narcotics reportedly carry a combined weight of 52.65 kilograms. The estimated street value is US$474, 000 or J$60.2 million.Guyana Times understands that the container was filled with a shipment of rice which was checked and sealed by the Drug Enforcement Unit (DEU) of the Guyana Revenue Authority (GRA). However, it is presumed that the cocaine was slipped into the container after the checks by GRA.Head of CANU, James Singh, when contacted on Thursday evening, confirmed that they were asked to assist in the probe and have been in contact with their counterparts in Jamaica.Both CANU and GRA are working on the matter and are tracing the process followed by officers who had responsibility for checking and clearing the container.They are checking to see if there were any breaches of the standard operating procedures or the security regimen in place at the port of exit and the wharf.
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The Northeast BC/Yukon Trackers went 1-and-1 on home ice to start their Northern Alberta Midget Hockey League season over the weekend.Hosting the Leduc Roughnecks on Saturday afternoon, Captain Joel Bourgeois got the Trackers on the board less than ninety seconds into the game, assisted by Aiden Craig-Steele and Jeridyn Loewen. Bourgeois netted his 2nd goal of the game just over ten minutes later on a feed from Keenan Halverson and Cody Bueckert. The Roughnecks were able to get on the board before the end of the first, lighting the red lamp three seconds before the green. Leduc then made it a 2-2 hockey game, this time with 41 seconds left in the 2nd period.Going into the third, the Trackers poured it on, with Cooper Beamish scoring the go-ahead goal four minutes in, assisted by Craig-Steele and Bourgeois. Craig-Steele added another assist, feeding Jayden Piket with the eventual game winner. Though the Roughnecks scored once again, Cooper Willms got the team some insurance, helped by Connor Bowie and Garyn Waldie. Head coach David Johnston was pleased with the 5-3 win, saying that the team was buoyed by the home crowd at the Pomeroy Sports Centre.- Advertisement -Hitting the ice once again on Sunday morning to play the Strathcona ACT Warriors, things looked promising as Jeridyn Loewen scored on the powerplay 7:51 into the first period assisted by Connor Bowie and Curtis Hammond. The Warriors answered right back, scoring one even strength and one powerplay goal of their own to take a 2-1 lead after the first period.The Tracker were able to battle back in the 2nd, with Joel Bourgeois scoring his third of the season on a pass from Aiden Craig-Steele. It was a close game, but it was the Warriors that would strike less than four minutes in the third period, before shutting the door to take home the 3-2 win.The Trackers are on the road next Friday evening to take on the Grande Prairie Athletic Club, before hosting the Fort McMurray Barons on Saturday afternoon.Advertisement
RTE’s newest ‘Dragon’ is Donegal businesswoman Ramona Nicholas.Ramona Nicholas is set to become one of RTE’s newest ‘Dragon’The woman behind the hugely successful Cara Pharmacy chain was head-hunted by RTE bosses to appear on Dragon’s Den.The show will see the Bundoran businesswoman invest some of her hard-earned cash in up and coming businesses in return for a stake in the company. Ramona, 35, will replace publisher Nora Casey on the hit show.RTE’s decision to approach Ms Nicholas is all the more impressive considering she only made her television debut a little more than three months ago.She became an instant hit when she appeared on the Secret Millionaire and looked very natural in front of the television cameras.Ms Nicholas said she is looking forward to her new challenge and has said she is delighted to be able to back some budding businesses. Ms Nicholas is considered one of the shrewdest and most hard-working businesswomen around and co-manages the Cara pharmacy chain which has an impressive 14 outlets. DONEGAL WOMAN TO BECOME RTE’S LATEST ‘DRAGON’ was last modified: December 2nd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CARA PHARMACYDragon’s DenRamona Nicholas
Happy Days! Michael wins €64KYoung Donegal man Michael Gallagher was just a couple of clicks away from becoming a millionaire on TV’s Winning Streak.Michael, from Inver, appeared on the RTE show and his heart was in his mouth as he spun the wheel…with a cool million euro on offer.The marketing man and already won €40,000 during the gameshow itself. And he came agonisingly close to landing on the €1 Million segment when he spun the wheel….the ball bouncing in the segment next to it, before rolling four slots away and into €24k!But Michael, who now lives in London where he works in promotions for Marks & Spencer, was more than content after picking up the extra €24,000 giving him a cool €64,000 – not bad for one night’s work!Michael, who used to work at the Sherlock Holmes museum in London and is qualified as a pub and kitchen designer, was congratulated by his mum – “the most important person” and his sisters Katherine and Teresa, as he took it all in his stride.The farmer’s son says he might use his winnings to start his own business! He’s the latest Donegal winner on the TV game show – last month THREE players from the county appeared on the same show.The show reached a landmark this weekend – passing the €150 MILLION in prize money over the past 23 years. WINNING STREAK DONEGAL MAN MISSES BECOMING A MILLIONAIRE BY A COUPLE OF CLICKS! was last modified: April 21st, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal winnerMichael GallagherWinning Streak
FRIDAY COOKING – A MOTHER’S DAY DISH WITH NO SALT CHEF BRIAN McDERMOTT was last modified: March 13th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Brian McDermottdonegalNo Salt Chef